Dog Chewing On Your Shoes?
- Find out why
- dogs jaws and strength
- talk about stress and how it needs to be worked out in dogs and humans
Why do dogs chew?
Chewing is a huge stress reliever. It helps them work through there angst or even stress.
Why you shouldn't get mad at your dog for chewing
A dog has to chew to calm his nerves. It's like a stress ball but for dogs. Imagine having all that stress building up inside and some one throws you a stress ball because they could see how stressed you are. Just seeing the stress ball floating throughout the air brings a little joy and also excitement to knowing it is coming your way and you have to catch it and you know exactly what to do with it. You are going to stress the squeeze right out of it. And then when you finaly get to use it the stress melts away like a butter sculpture on a hot sunny July day. (Has this never happened to you?) Oh me either... But I bet it is exactly how it is for dogs with tasty chew toy.
Top reasons a dog chews
- Helps calm his nerves
- Helps clean his teeth (we all love the pearly whites)
- Keeps from having one of Casper's Uncles secret weapons (bad breath)
- Helps keep teeth strong
- Gives him something to do(think about sitting at home all day everyday not knowing when anyone will come back if ever) (If couped up all day inside when it looks so nice out side I would deffinaltly want something to do too.)
Is there a way to get dog to stop chewing?
Chewing is a big part of a dogs life. Taking chewing away is like taking Tigger's bounce away. They really try not to do it but they end up only thinking of it and how they are bad for doing it. :( Even Type A Rabbit had to let crazy unpredictable Tigger have his bounce. Are you going to be the Scrooge Rabbit(Greedy never let Tiny Tim/Tigger not have christmas or his bounce. You would have to be both since Rabbit himself couldn't allow himself to take Tiggers bounce. But I bet Scrooge and Rabbit sure could hold out.) :)
What can I do to help my dog chew on the right things?
You can give them things that entice them to chew and then praise them when they chew on the right things. This will make them feel secure in what they are chewing on is what you want them to chew. Dogs and humans alike love antlers.
Why deer antlers?
- Antlers are good for our four-legged friends
- They can be fully renewable ie deer will grow back next year
- No deer have to be harmed if found by sheds(antlers fall off every year in late winter and male deer(bucks)Start to grow them back in April. Antlers are one of the fastest growing tissue in mammals known to man. They can grow up to a quarter inch of antler per day.
- Last longer than any synthetic dog chew toy(synthetics toys end up getting natty or torn to pieces and eaten. No matter what they say you don't want your dog eating more plastic then they eat from things you don't want them eating like the remote:))
- Extremely healthy dog chews(Almost completely calcium)
- No calories( Like celery you burn more calories chewing it then they count for)
- Abundant source of calcium(Helps their teeth and bones stay strong. Helps your muscles lengthen and contract with every movement of your active dog. And its a great at helping their blood clot properly.
- Dogs LOVE the taste and texture(especially ours since we flavor ours in beef)
- No preservatives and artificial additives like rawhides
- No splintering like bones(even beef can splinter)
- Antlers naturally erode with chewing(like rubbing a brick against the concrete)
- No carpet stains(since so little come off every chew session and the little they do wear off they ingest while chewing)
- Excellent for dental hygiene(great to get them started early so their teeth don't end up having problems)
- natural(Sheds(every year the male deer shed there antlers and grow a new rack a few months later)
- organic (only the highest quality for our customers)
- earth-friendly(giving the antler a second purpose)
Our antlers are ALWAYS sourced from the United States